Speakers confirmed for participating groups at Nordic Investment Managers Forum
The lineup of speakers from groups participating in this year’s Nordic Investment Managers Forum (NIMF) has been confirmed – ahead of the autumn series taking in Zurich, Munich and Luxembourg.
As in previous years, Jonathan Boyd, editorial director at Open Door Media Publishing will be moderating sessions featuring:
- Allan Willy Larsen, head of FX and Mortgage Bonds at Jyske Capital. He has more than 15 years of experience with capital and debt management for institutional clients and begun his career at Jyske Bank in 2012, where he now holds a position as vice president. He has earned thorough experience and specialisation within traditional Danish bond in a number of Danish financial institutions including Sydbank (1994-2011). He holds a Diploma in Business Administration (Finance and Accounting) and an MBA.
- David Bakkegaard Karsbøl, who joined Sparinvest in 2013 as chief strategist, having specialized in investment strategies, active allocation and economics. He received a Masters degree (economics) from the University of Copenhagen in 2003 and joined Saxo Bank as a macro analyst working for an internal hedge fund. Subsequently, he worked as the CIO of Saxo Privatbank until 2012. In 2007, he was one of the few economists in Denmark who predicted the financial crisis as well as how the crisis would catalyse dramatic changes in consumer patterns, savings and investments in the following years. His current responsibilities are managing the blend funds of Sparinvest and heading the macroeconomic analysis.
- Fredrik Bjelland, who has been portfolio manager of the emerging markets equity fund Skagen Kon-Tiki since August 2017. Prior to joining Skagen, he was head of China, Special Mandates at Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM), responsible for the Shanghai-based investment team and internally managed China portfolios. He has also held equity research analyst and strategy consultant positions at Morgan Stanley and PricewaterhouseCoopers. He has a Masters degree in Manufacturing Engineering and Management from Durham University in the UK.
- Kjell Morten Hjørnevik, who joined DNB Asset Management in 1999 as a portfolio manager, responsible for the DNB SAA/TAA and in 2008 became portfolio manager for DNB Nordic Equities. Between 1995 and 1999, he was a bank manager at Union Bank of Norway. He holds a BA in Business and Administration and a CEFA from the Norwegian School of Economics.
- Thomas Haugaard, who is a senior economist in the Emerging Markets Debt Hard Currency (EMD HC) team at Danske Bank Asset Management. His responsibility is overall macro research and country risk analysis. This entails the development of country risk models and on-site research in the more than 70 emerging markets that define the investment universe. Previously, he worked for two years at the Danish Central Bank followed by eight years at Handelsbanken (DK), responsible for research on emerging markets, focusing primarily on Latin America and China. He is a member of ThinkChina, a local think-tank on China. He has an MSc in Economics from the University of Aarhus.
Now in its fifth year, the NIMF has been extended to Zurich (23 October at the Park Hyatt), Munich (24 October at The Charles), before returning to Luxembourg (25 October at the Cercle cité) – all intended to bring a Nordic perspective to different asset classes and investment approaches.
Further details can be found at www.nimf.lu, as well as on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/nordic-investment-managers-forum/.
Additional information will be published in coming weeks.