Aberdeen Asia on inflation, QE2 and the problems with China
Hugh Young, managing director of Aberdeen Asset Management Asia, discusses inflation, the end of QE2, the problem with China equities and reveals his favourite markets in the region.
Questions considered include:
- Asian markets have had a tough time in H1, what’s your outlook for H2?
- Do you think Asian governments have done enough to combat inflation?
- You are bearish on China’s property and financial sectors. What are your concerns?
- What’s your view of the impact of QE2 and the effect of its cessation?
- Please explain the reasons for your bullish view on Indonesia
- If you could only invest in one Asian country, which would it be and why?