Exploring Latin America
Pedro Bastos, regional head of Latin America at HSBC Global Asset Management, shares his view on Latin America and Brazil and the reasons he believes these equity markets could outperform in the second half of 2011.
Questions considered by Bastos include:
– Global emerging market equity funds experienced large outflows during Q1 2011, how did this effect Latin American funds?
– What makes Latin America and Brazil attractive investments? What are the long term trends which are driving equity markets in the region?
– What is the upside potential of Latin American and Brazilian equities over the next two years?
– How will accelerating inflationary pressure affect LatAm economies and equities?
– What is your outlook for commodity prices for the rest of the year and what is the effect on those markets?
– What are the key risks of investing in Latin American and Brazilian markets?
– What are your predictions for economic growth in LatAm this year?