MSCI launches Quality Mix index series
Index provider MSCI has launched a new series called Quality Mix, which combines its existing Quality, Value Weighted and Minimum Volatility indices into a single diversified risk premia index.
The series reflects what MSCI sees as growing demand for active strategies that combine quality, value and low volatility factors in developing selection of securities and portfolio construction.
MSCI said these active strategies differ from passive ones in that they include active stock selection and use of leverage. However, the new indices may be suitable for the beta component and related risk premia. MSCI said the new indices could be licensed for use as benchmarks or as the basis of financial products such as exchange traded funds or structured products.
The following MSCI Quality Mix indices are currently available:
1. MSCI ACWI Quality Mix Index
2. MSCI World ex USA Quality Mix Index
3. MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Mix Index
4. MSCI Europe Quality Mix Index
5. MSCI World Quality Mix Index
6. MSCI USA Quality Mix Index
7. MSCI AC Asia ex Japan Quality Mix Index
8. MSCI UK Quality Mix Index
9. MSCI Japan Quality Mix Index