They said it – views from 2010 about 2011 revisited
As the end of 2011 draws near, predictions for 2012 are coming thick and fast. Yet, who can claim to have clairvoyant abilities and who is just hoping last year’s analysis will be buried with their financial losses? InvestmentEurope brings you a series of brief outlooks for 2011. You decide how close to the mark they came.
UK Association of Investment Companies poll of fund manager predictions for 2011:
- 77% of managers expect FTSE100 to end 2011 between 6,000-6,500
- Fund managers tip Emerging Markets as best performing region
- Resources (including Oil) tipped as the top performing sector
- 80% of fund managers think Equities will be the best performing asset
- 95% of managers think new launch activity will continue in 2011