BlackRock raises share in Belgian financial group

Brussels-headquartered financial group KBC has reported that asset management giant BlackRock has crossed the 5% threshold as shareholder on 11 July 2017, following a net purchase of shares.

BlackRock’s weight in KBC Group’s shareholding now amounts to 5.1%.

In detail, BlackRock’s share in the Belgian financial group is held by over 15 of the manager’s entities.

As of end 2016, KBC estimated that its Belgium-based core shareholders were holding 40% of its capital, the remaining 60% being held by institutional investors across the world including BlackRock.

Adrien Paredes-Vanheule
Adrien Paredes-Vanheule is deputy editor and French-Speaking Europe Correspondent for InvestmentEurope, covering France, Belgium, Geneva and Monaco. Prior to joining InvestmentEurope, he spent almost five years writing for various publications in Monaco, primarily as a criminal and financial court reporter. Before that, he worked for newspapers and radio stations in France, in particular in Lyon.

Read more from Adrien Paredes-Vanheule

Close Window
View the Magazine

I also agree to receive editorial emails from InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive event communications for InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive other communications emails from InvestmentEurope
I agree to the terms of service *

You need to fill all required fields!