Lessons from the pitch of life: World Cup winner Paul Breitner joins NIMF Munich
Paul Breitner, a member of Germany’s World Cup winning squad of 1974, is set to share his outlook on life and team planning when he delivers the keynote at the Nordic Investment Managers Forum in Munich on 24 October.
As one of only four players ever to score in two World Cup finals – the others being Brazilians Pelé and Vavá, and Frenchman Zinedine Zidane – he also was part of the team that won the European Championship in 1972.
At the Munich event, Breitner will be joined by other session speakers including:
- Allan Willy Larsen, head of FX and Mortgage Bonds at Jyske Capital.
- David Bakkegaard Karsbøl, who joined Sparinvest in 2013 as chief strategist.
- Tomas Johansson, portfolio manager of the global equity fund SKAGEN Insight.
- Kjell Morten Hjørnevik, who joined DNB Asset Management in 1999 as a portfolio manager, responsible for the DNB SAA/TAA and in 2008 became portfolio manager for DNB Nordic Equities.
- Thomas Haugaard, who is a senior economist in the Emerging Markets Debt Hard Currency (EMD HC) team at Danske Bank Asset Management.
Now in its fifth year, the NIMF has been extended to Zurich (23 October at the Park Hyatt), Munich (24 October at The Charles), before returning to Luxembourg (25 October at the Cercle cité) – all intended to bring a Nordic perspective to different asset classes and investment approaches.
Further details can be found at www.nimf.lu, as well as on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/nordic-investment-managers-forum/.