French manager launches green bond fund

CM-CIC Asset Management, the investment arm of French financial group Crédit Mutuel, has launched the CM-CIC Green Bonds fund on 8 June 2017, InvestmentEurope can reveal.

The management team will apply an extra-financial analysis to traditional financial analysis to select so-called green bonds.

According to fund literature, four criteria will be analysed regarding the structure of the green bond : the existence of a green project, the assessment and selection process of green projects, the management of the returns produced by the green bond and the frequency of reporting.

As for the issuer, it will be assessed through three pillars: ESG score, contribution to the environmental transition and management of the risk of ESG-related controversies.

A rating from 1 to 100 will be given to each company. The analysis of the bond will account for 70% of the rating while the remaining 30% will result from the analysis of the issuer.

The investment universe of the fund will only contain securities that have received a mark equaling and exceeding 50.

The CM-CIC Green Bonds fund will invest between 85% and 200% of its net assets in debt securities issued by countries, corporates and institutions globally with minimum exposure of 85% to green bonds.

The exposure to convertible bonds can go up 20% and that to equities is limited to a 10% cap. The fund cannot hold stocks in direct line.

Adrien Paredes-Vanheule
Adrien Paredes-Vanheule is deputy editor and French-Speaking Europe Correspondent for InvestmentEurope, covering France, Belgium, Geneva and Monaco. Prior to joining InvestmentEurope, he spent almost five years writing for various publications in Monaco, primarily as a criminal and financial court reporter. Before that, he worked for newspapers and radio stations in France, in particular in Lyon.

Read more from Adrien Paredes-Vanheule

Close Window
View the Magazine

I also agree to receive editorial emails from InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive event communications for InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive other communications emails from InvestmentEurope
I agree to the terms of service *

You need to fill all required fields!