Eurizon joins UN sustainable programme
Italy’s Eurizon Capital has embraced the UN’s Environment Programme (UNEP-FI) and the UN Global Compact’s Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
As co-chair of the UNEP-FI European Task Force (formerly co-Chair of the Investment Commission and Treasurer), Eurizon Capital contributed to drawing up these guidelines by taking part in the dedicated workgroups ever since their inception in 2005.
UNEP-FI is an international network of investors working in collaboration with the UN to share a series of principles geared to understanding investment sustainability mechanisms by considering environmental, social and corporate governance issues (ESG) and integrating them into the investment process.
By embracing the six principles, the Eurizon Capital commits to:
- Incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance issues into investment analysis and
decision making processes
- Be active owners and incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance issues into ownership
policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on environmental, social and corporate governance issues by the entities in
which they invest
- Promote the acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry
- Work together with the financial community to enhance effectiveness in implementing the principles
- Publicly report on their activities and progress towards implementing the principles
At the end of 2014 Eurizon Capital also embraced the principles of the Italian Stewardship Code, for a responsible exercise of ownership and voting rights in listed companies.
Tommaso Corcos, the Chief Executive Officer of Eurizon Capital SGR, reasserts that the company is committed to pursuing a sustainable management activity “In making investment choices, social responsibility principles are an integral part of the discipline that governs the pursuit of performance.
“We believe that the asset management industry, with our company at the fore, must play a decisive role in supporting the development of a valid and sustainable system of companies”.