Hedge Invest strengthens Sicav offer
Italy’s Hedge Invest SGR has launched HI Sibilla Macro Fund a new single manager Global Macro strategy that adds to its offer within the Irish Sicav, Hedge Invest International Funds.
Launched in October 2012, as of October 30 2013 the Sicav already had €205m of AUM.
The new HI Sibilla Macro Fund, managed by Lorenzo Di Mattia, founder of Sibilla Capital, a company based in New York and registered with the SEC, targets a performance above 10%, with 5 – 6% volatility, and aims at being decorrelated from the equity and fixed income markets. The fund has weekly liquidity.
The Global Macro strategy managed by Sibilla takes advantage of macroeconomic trends resulting from a fundamental analysis supported by quantitative proprietary models, and it is diversified on all main financial markets.
Based on this approach, HI Sibilla Macro Fund management stands out for its investment process consisting of four steps:
• Analysis of the main macro variables and the most relevant financial markets according to quantitative and qualitative criteria, in order to identify the expected scenario;
• Asset allocation
– Risk on environment: exposure to equity indices, commodity indices and forex carry trades;
– Risk off environment: bearish exposure to Emerging Markets forex and government bonds, short positions on equity;
– Lateral phases: short time tactical investment approach in all asset classes;
• Stock/index picking, once the market environment and the related strategic positioning have been identified;
• Trading of positions in the different asset classes on the basis of four/five diversified themes and positions varying between 0 and 40.
Thanks to this flexible investment approach that is well-equipped to anticipate changes, Sibilla Capital was able to gain in the most difficult market environments, Hedge Invest said.
In particular the manager registered double digit performance both in the 2008 crisis (Sibilla Capital +25,6%) and in 2011 (Sibilla Capital +17,6%), with negative correlation to equity market (-0,07% to MSCI World Index).
“With the launch of HI Sibilla Macro Fund our Irish Sicav broaden its offering with a product that can be considered complementary to our existing funds due to its strategy, which is totally decorrelated from the main asset classes, in an harmonised environment. A strategy that therefore well integrates itself with the other two alternative Ucits in the platform, one focused on credit market with a long/short style and the other investing in the European equity market through an approach focused on stock picking”, says Alessandra Manuli, CEO, Hedge Invest SGR.
“With a long track record in hedge fund management” says Lorenzo Di Mattia, fund manager of HI Sibilla Macro Fund, “we enthusiastically put to use our experience into the sector of harmonised funds, with a Global Macro strategy that, thanks to our peculiar investment process, is able to offer protection and even to gain in bearish market phases”.