Record inflows for Italy’s AM industry

Related Content Related Video Related Articles

Italy’s asset management industry is poised to end 2014 with historical record inflows as it has seen total net inflows hit €110bn since the start of the year.

Industry association Assogestioni has revealed that in October only mutual funds net sales reached €12.4bn, €7.4bn of which came from open-ended funds and the remaining €5bn from institutional mandates (€3.7bn pure institutional and €1.2bn retail).

The industry total AUM reached record level of €1,536bn, 54% of which is held in portfolio management and the remaining 46% in colelctive management.

Foreign domiciled funds keep attracting more inflows than domestic funds, posting sales of €4.3bn against €3.1bn.

Looking at a sector breakdown, Italian investors kept favouring bond funds in October (€3.6bn). However, flexible funds also scored a positive result of €2.3bn net inflows, followed by balanced funds (€899m); monetary funds (€483m) and equity funds (€260m).

Close Window
View the Magazine

I also agree to receive editorial emails from InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive event communications for InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive other communications emails from InvestmentEurope
I agree to the terms of service *

You need to fill all required fields!