Annual Outlook published by Swedish Investment Fund Association
The Swedish Investment Fund Association (Fondbolagens förening) has published its latest annual Outlook, including an English language version covering aspects of the trade body’s work and facts and statistics around the local fund market.
Outlook About Funds 2015 contains sections explaining the history and objectives of the Association, information about how funds fit into the broader long term savings landscape in Sweden, and figures illustrating the importance of collective investments.
Among the key figures noted are:
- Eight out of every ten Swedes save in funds over and above their fund-based premium pension savings.
- Six out of every ten children have fund-based savings.
- Nine out of every ten Swedish companies have investment fund holdings.
- One third of households’ financial assets, of which their pensions account for a substantial part, are investment-fund based.
- Fund savers in Sweden currently have access to almost 2,500 different funds
- At the beginning of 2015 fund assets under management in Sweden amounted to approximately SEK3,000bn – when the Association was founded in 1979 there were 17 funds with a total value of SEK1bn
To download a copy of the publication click here: http://fondbolagen.se/en/About-us/Order-publications/