Aquila Capital and ewz co-invest in Swedish 60 MW wind park

Related Content Related Video Related Articles

Alternative asset manager Aquila Capital and Swiss electric utility enterprise ewz have purchased 29 Vestas wind turbines in the South of Sweden from Eolus Vind AB, a Swedish wind power developer.

The wind turbines are located in four wind parks and have an installed capacity of around 60 MW.

Ewz will become majority shareholder, acquiring 51%, while Aquila Capital will acquire the remaining 49%.

Roman Rosslenbroich, co-founder and CEO at Aquila Capital said: “The transaction underlines the growing popularity of the partnership model between utility companies and specialist financial investors, which harnesses their joint financial, regulatory and technical expertise.”

Bruno Hürlimann, head of Strategic Projects at ewz added: “The innovative financing concept enables ewz to deploy the available funding in a more efficient and targeted manner in order to secure production capacity for wind energy in the long term.”

Strategic partners of the investment include Google, which has commited to purchasing the entire electricity produced by four wind farms under a long-term power purchase agreement.

Mona Dohle
Mona Dohle speaks German and Dutch, she is DACH & Benelux Correspondent for InvestmentEurope. Prior to that, she worked as a journalist in Egypt and Palestine. She started her career as a journalist working for a local German newspaper. Mona graduated with an MSc in Development Studies from SOAS and has completed the CISI Certificate in International Wealth and Investment Management.

Read more from Mona Dohle

Close Window
View the Magazine

I also agree to receive editorial emails from InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive event communications for InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive other communications emails from InvestmentEurope
I agree to the terms of service *

You need to fill all required fields!