Unigestion bolsters Switzerland presence

Geneva-based asset manager Unigestion has reinforced its presence in Switzerland by opening a new office in Zurich and appointing Daniel Ritz (pictured) as director of institutional clients.

According to Unigestion, Switzerland is its number one client base with 35% of total assets under management allocated by Swiss institutions, primarily via dedicated mandates.

Broadening its presence in Switzerland with the new Zurich office should better equip Unigestion to develop its activities with Swiss-German clients, the company said.

Switzerland is also the 4th largest institutional market in Europe with a number of pension funds, insurance groups, family offices and other institutions based there, Unigestion wrote in a press release.

Ritz has joined Unigestion from another Swiss group, Clariden Leu, where he was head of institutional clients for a number of years.

Unigestion currently has €8.9bn of assets under management, of which 90% comes from institutions and the remaining 10% from high-net-worth families. Its investment strategies include funds of hedge funds, funds of private equity funds and minimum variance.

Close Window
View the Magazine

I also agree to receive editorial emails from InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive event communications for InvestmentEurope
I also agree to receive other communications emails from InvestmentEurope
I agree to the terms of service *

You need to fill all required fields!