Franklin Templeton hires new head of alternatives sales for Europe
Franklin Templeton Investments has announced the appointment of Peter Vincent as Head of Alternatives Sales, Europe.
Reporting to Jamie Hammond, Managing Director, Europe, Vincent is responsible for new business development of the group’s alternative products in Europe. Based in London, he will work closely with the existing European distribution teams to support the growth of Franklin Templeton’s alternative products.
Prior to joining the group, Vincent worked at Fauchier Partners for seven years where he was responsible for institutional business development and client relations in the UK and Ireland. He also held previous roles at Swiss Re, UFJ International and Bankers Trust. Vincent brings with him over 20 years of experience from the financial services industry.
Commenting on the new hire, Hammond said: “We see growing interest in alternative products throughout the region. The continued expansion of Franklin Templeton’s alternatives and solutions platform remains a core strategic initiative for our business and I am delighted that Peter has joined us in this newly-created position. There are some exciting opportunities ahead and we are well-positioned for alternatives sales growth both in the traditional institutional market as well as within the wealth management channel.”
Vincent added: “This is an exciting opportunity. Franklin Templeton is one of the world’s largest asset managers with extensive presence globally. The group has an excellent array of products which offer tremendous opportunity for the alternatives channel.”
Franklin Templeton’s alternative investments offerings include:
• the integrated hedge fund solutions of K2 Advisors, in which Franklin Templeton holds a majority stake;
• the emerging markets private equity capabilities of Darby Private Equity and Templeton Emerging Markets Group;
• the global property and real asset offerings of Franklin Templeton Real Asset Advisors;
• the commodities and managed futures strategies of alternative investments specialist Pelagos Capital Management; and
• select global macro strategies of Franklin Templeton Fixed Income.