RobecoSAM, the Zurich based sustainability specialist, has been highlighting its milestones over 20 years of sustainability investing performed since it launched in August 1995.
Over this period, the manager has been involved in projects such as co-founding the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices series, and developed a Corporate Sustainability Assessment method that has some 15 years of data supporting its proprietary database.
Among the milestones highlighted by the manager are:
- 1999 – The DJSI series was developed
- 2001 – RobecoSAM Sustainable Water Strategy launched
- 2003 – RobecoSAM Smart Energy Strategy launched
- 2004 – Cleantech Private Equity, RobecoSAM Sustainable Global Equities Strategy launched
- 2006 – SAM becomes member of Robeco group, RobecoSAM Smart Materials Strategy launched
- 2007 – RobecoSAM Sustainable Healthy Living Strategy launched
- 2011 – Takes over portfolio management responsibility for the RobecoSAM Sustainable Agribusiness Equities and Sustainable European Equities Strategies
- 2013 – Rebranding of SAM to RobecoSAM, DJSI Diversified indices, and Country Sustainability Rankings launched
- 2014 – DJSI series reaches its 15th anniversary, RobecoSAM Quant Sustainable Global Equities and Global Small Cap Equities Strategies launched, RobecoSAM ESG data integrated into €82.6bn of Robeco assets.
Michael Baldinger, CEO of RobecoSAM, said: “Today, professional investors turn to RobecoSAM for holistic SI solutions across a broad range of asset classes – always in the knowledge that our product capabilities remain on the cutting edge of emerging sustainability trends. Innovation and growth initiatives will be the driving forces in the years to come with the aim of further expanding and becoming the leading sustainability investing hub globally.”
Roderick Munsters, CEO of Robeco Group, said: “Congratulations to RobecoSAM for its 20 year track record of pioneering SI . RobecoSAM ’s expertise is key to achieving the Group’s ambition to be a global leader in SI and we are proud to count on their specialist know-how. We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with RobecoSAM so that we remain at the forefront of SI now and in the decades to come.”