Rothschild Asset Management has teamed up with Perdurance Asset Management and the account platform of Innocap to launch the R Perdurance Market Neutral Fund.
The R Perdurance Market Neutral fund is managed by Ivan Briery, the former portfolio manager of the Voltaire fund. The fund is primarily focused on European equities and applies a fundamental approach seeking investment opportunities through a proprietary assessment model. Then Briery looks at beta and eventual biases of the portfolio’s long positions and shorts indices to neutralise them.
The fund targets a volatility of 8 to 10% and a Sharpe ratio of 0.8.
The R Perdurance Market Neutral Fund is available within Rothschild AM’s alternative Ucits Sicav, InRIS, to investors in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
Jersey-based Perdurance AM was founded in 2014 and is owned at 60% by Ivan Briery while the remaining 40% are held by Perdurance Philanthropy, that reverses 40% of the manager’s revenue to philanthropic initiatives.
Rothschild AM’s alternative Ucits platform, InRIS, tallies around €4bn of assets under management. Other strategies available include the R CFM Diversified Fund, the R Parus Fund and the R Karya Macro Fund.