Natixis Global Asset Management has established an office in Mexico City providing Mexican targeting institutional investors.
The company said it will focus on identifying opportunities in the Mexican institutional market, and the local team has extensive experience in implementing Mexican institutional investment mandates and a broad and deep knowledge of local processes and regulation.
Natixis Global AM’s Durable Portfolio Construction philosophy is founded on the following five principles:
- Put risk first. Use risk parameters as the main input for asset allocation to manage volatility and build portfolios that minimise the impact of extreme market movements.
- Maximise Diversification. Consider the broadest possible range of asset classes and investment strategies.
- Use Alternative investment strategies. Take advantage of strategies and alternative asset classes to reduce correlations, mitigate volatility and to access new sources of return.
- Make smarter use of traditional asset classes. Seek new, efficient ways to capitalise on the long-term potential of stocks and bonds.
- Be Consistent. Maintain a consistent portfolio construction process to focus on the big picture and withstand short-term market changes.
“What sets Natixis Global AM apart from other international asset managers that have come to Mexico over the last few years is its business model, based on a proprietary, diversified global network of asset managers and portfolio manager experts.
“The main advantage of Natixis Global AM’s business model is that it allows each of the group’s affiliated asset managers to independently focus on their investment style and specific expertise,” said Sophie del Campo, managing director for Natixis Global AM in Latin America and Iberia.
Meanwhile, Mauricio Giordano, managing director for Mexico, said: “The decision to establish Natixis Global Asset Management in Mexico represents a long-term commitment to this region and provides Mexican institutional investors with two critical advantages: firstly, the safety and strength of a global group with extensive experience in the institutional market, and secondly the opportunity to access a wide range of investment solutions and sophisticated expertise through each of its affiliate asset managers.”