AEW Europe, the real estate subsidiary of Natixis Global Asset Management, has announced the completion of its merger with Ciloger, a retail property investment firm owned by La Banque Postale (90%) and CNP Assurances (10%)
Natixis and La Banque Postale entered into talks last February to merge their real estate subsidiaries.
After the transaction, Natixis Global Asset Management will hold 60% of AEW Europe’s capital while La Banque Postale will hold the remaining 40%.
AEW Europe has unveiled plans to merge its existing platform dedicated to retail asset management, Nami-AEW Europe with that of Ciloger.
The new entity will manage over €24bn of assets. According to AEW Europe, it will form the third player of the French retail market.
Ciloger has currently over €5bn in assets under management spread over a number of diversified and focused strategies targeting retail clients.
It is understood Rob Wilkinson will pursue as CEO of AEW Europe and that Isabelle Rossignol, current chairwoman of Ciloger’s board of directors, will be appointed head of Retail Business France. She will also become a member the executive committee of AEW Europe.
Serge Bataillie, currently CEO of Nami – AEW Europe, will be appointed as chief financial officer of AEW Europe as from early 2017. He will succeed Mireille Chetioui, who is set to leave the firm next year.