Belgian asset manager Degroof Petercam is set to reshuffle the DPAM Invest B Equities World fund, a compartment of its Belgium-domiciled Sicav DPAM Invest B, InvestmentEurope can reveal.
In a shareholder letter, the firm said its global equity fund – that had €37.17m of assets under management as of 31 October 2017 – will be rebranded to DPAM Invest B Equities NewGems Sustainable.
The fund’s investment policy has been reviewed. The DPAM Invest B Equities NewGems Sustainable’s strategy will aim at investing in equities issued by companies without geographical restriction and all securities giving access to the capital of such companies and selected on the basis of certain trends and business themes. In addition, the fund stock picking process will consider environmental, social and governance criteria (ESG).
It is understood the fund will invest mainly in “companies of the future”, termed “new gems” by Degroof Petercam, that include among others trends and themes of activities related to nanotechnology, ecology, well-being, generation Z, e-society, industry 4.0 and security.
Degroof Petercam specified its definition of these sectors as following:
- Nanotechnology encompasses companies operating at a nano scale level (production of semiconductor chips, smartphones, industrial machines, medical devices, etc. which require complex miniaturisation) and the companies that make these advances possible.
- Ecology includes companies whose activities relate to the environment and environmental protection.
- Well-being includes any company whose activity involves the well-being of humans and animals.
- Generation Z refers to the generation after the millennials. In this area, the manager will invest in companies that facilitate the lifestyle of this generation (mobility, social media, online activities, etc.).
- The e-society includes any company that is engaged in e-commerce, digitisation and cloud computing and/or that offers this type of services.
- Industry 4.0 includes any company related to the new industrial revolution, robotics, automation, big data, the internet of things and artificial intelligence.
- Security includes any company that relates to cybersecurity and physical security.
The vehicle will observe its second change since its inception in September 2006 as it was formerly the Petercam Equities Energy & Resources fund that was changed into Petercam Equities World on 4 July 2014 that later became the DPAM Invest B Equities World fund following the merger of Bank Degroof and Petercam in 2015.