Banca Generali has fully acquired Italian investment boutique NEXTAM Partners in a move aimed at strengthening its range of services and expertise on asset management and financial advisory.
Through the deal, Banca Generali will expand its HNWI client base while it will be able to accelerate the development of new operating opportunities.
The operation, which is still subject to regulatory approval, is part of Banca Generali’s wider private-banking growth strategy launched with a view to bolstering the bank’s array of services.
NEXTAM Partners Group, 80% owned by its three founding partners — independent managers with extensive experience in the industry — and the remaining 20% by other Italian and foreign shareholders, has a portfolio of around 2,500 clients, on behalf of whom the group manages about €5.5bn in assets under advisory, in addition to €1.3bn in AUM.
With offices in London, Milan and Florence, NEXTAM Partners is an investment boutique that has been offering asset and wealth management and advisory services to private-banking and institutional clients in Italy since 2001.