The sixth annual Nordic Investment Managers Forum (NIMF) has been announced by participating asset management groups DNB Asset Management, Skagen, Jyske Bank and Sparinvest, and will visit Zurich on 16 October, Munich on 17 October and Luxembourg City on 18 October.
This year's NIMF is built around the topic of "Taking ESG to the next level", in which the groups will share insights into the history of Nordic markets regarding sustainable investing and explain how investors that have been willing to make a difference have become part of the ESG accomplishments of the Nordic region.
Speakers will address ongoing ESG investment topics, as well as how local business customs, such as flat hiearchies within organisations, provide investors more direct access to portfolio managers and decision makers.
Speakers confirmed for the Zurich event, which takes place at the Zunfthaus zur Waag, include:
- Jon Sigurdsen
- Lead portfolio manager of the DNB Renewable Energy fund who will discuss the role of renewable energy in a sustainable investment approach; he joined the DNB AM tech team in 2005 from Carnegie Securities, subsequently being given co-responsibility for the global environmental renewable energy strategy in 2007; from 1998-2004 he was an equity analyst at Nordea Securities in Oslo.
- Maciej Woznica
- Chief portfolio manager, head of Credit at Sparinvest who will discuss perception versus reality in the engagement (ESG) process on high yield portfolios; he joined Sparinvest in 2015, having been in finance since 2000 and a portfolio manager since 2008; he has lived across Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Bård Bringedal
- Co-CIO Equities at Storebrand AM who will discuss sustainable investments from index through to active solutions; he joined Storebrand in 2006, working on the index and quant team as a portfolio manager, including developing index trackers that integrate both ESG optimisation and fossil free criteria, and developing a range of factor investing equity portfolios; he currently heads three equity investment teams and Storebrand's group of sustainable investing analysts.
- Claus Grøn Therp
- Senior portfolio manager equities at Jyske Capital A/S Jyske Bank who will discuss sustainability angles around low volatility equities; he joined Jyske in 2013 and is responsible for managing a global low volatility equity fund; previously, he spent three years at SEB Enskilda as an equity analyst covering the financial sector with a focus on Danish companies
- Claus Meyer
- Danish gastronomic entrepreneur and co-founder of Noma, will deliver the keynote with a focus on how to make the best of potential; he has been involved in launching an indigenous food movement in Bolivia that has trained thousands of young people and is unlocking a new sense of national pride; a serial entrepreneur, he is also an affiliated professor at Copenhagen Business School and Social Impact Fellow at the University of California, Berkeley Haas School of Business.
Speakers confirmed for Munich (Zum Franziskaner) and Luxembourg (Cercle cité) include the aforementioned managers. However, the keynote will be delivered by:
- Anne Henderson
- Senior analyst at The Happiness Research Institute, who will discuss how happiness can be used to attain social sustainability targets; she has lived and worked in Africa, the Middle East, Brussels, England and Denmark over the past two decades, adopting a multi-displinary approach to her ongoing research
Further details can be found at www.nimf.lu, as well as on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/nordic-investment-managers-forum/.